To have a Standard Operational (SOP's) document produced, an audit/review of the club is imperative to ensure the current procedures and standards are understood.
The review will be discussed with the relative parties and a manual/CD-ROM will then be produced in a time plan agreed.
Why have standards?
- For management and staff to work towards.
- Members know what to expect.
- To achieve repeat business and to improve attrition.
- To attract new members.
- To be recognised as a Company to work for.
- To increase brand/club awareness.
What areas will the SOP's cover?
- General day to day operational procedures.
- Health & Safety.
- Emergency Action Plan.
- Local Standard Procedures.
- Departmental Processes.
What is the key objective?
- To recognise what procedures there are and to implement standards that will improve the overall day to day operation.
- To produce a user-friendly document, that all levels of management and staff can use.
What is the benefit/value?
- To ensure expectations from members to staff are achieved.
- Can be used as an induction/training manual.
- Bringing best practice to the operation.
- Building a framework to continuously improve your standards.
- Improving quality of management.
- To increase profit and retain members and attract new business.
- Ultimately bringing consistency and continuity across the Brand.